On Saturday, 30th April 2022, the East African Business Council paid a courtesy visit to Trade Policy Training Centre in Africa (TRAPCA).
CEO Mr. John Bosco Kalisa led discussions with Dr. Caiphas Chekwoti and Tsotetsi Makong from Trapca on boosting EAC economic growth via regional, continental and international trade.
Mr. John Bosco Kalisa committed to strengthen partnership with Trapca on evidence based research to hasten implementation of Continental and EAC protocols and align them with private sector dimensions.
EABC & Trapca agreed to strengthen collaboration on:
- Training to raise awareness on the benefits of AfCFTA
- Accreditation of demand-driven courses for business
- Case studies on topical business issues related to international trade (Common Market Protocol, Economic Partnership Agreements, Rules of Origin and African Continental Free Trade Area Agreement)
- Regional & Global Value chains mapping and development
- SME development and capacity building on Export & Import
- Studies on product diversification and markets
- Studies & strategies to attract Foreign Direct Investments in the EAC
- Trade Data monitoring
- Learning missions to leading international business associations
- Joint research & publications in the context of Africa
This article was written originally written by the EABC Team